Google+ That Flour Child: WayHome Recap

July 27, 2015

WayHome Recap

WayHome was a blast.

Despite the Friday morning early issues of not being allowed in until 9 am when the website said the gate were open 24 hours.  But I guess everything can't run perfectly smoothly.

Day 1:  Started with getting up super early (too excited to sleep) packing the car to the brim and heading over to the site.  After waiting on the side of the road, being told to move by cops, waiting on another road, getting told to move again and then driving in circles for 1.5 hours we finally got in the site.  I was super impressed with how they set it all up, a lot more space than I was anticipated.  And on the plus side we had some great neighbours we referred to as family by the end of the weekend.

It was blazing hot, but luckily out market tent was there to give us some shade.  We started the day off by walking to the grounds and dancing around in the silent disco. (If you've never heard of these I highly suggest you go to one.)  Everyone puts on bluetooth headphones and dances to the music played by a DJ but to everyone without headphones it looks like everyone is dancing like fools to no music but are somehow completely in sync.

After that we caught some pretty great bands The Decemberists, followed by Hozier which was my favourite of the festival, Alt-J and a little Neil Young before being up so early and the sun caught up with me and I had to head back to the tent.

Day 2: Woke up with the sun, and cooked everyone a killer breakfast.  I even impressed myself with this one; eggs, sausages, hash browns and some strawberries.

We ran around the camping grounds to meet up with as many people as we could find.  Old friends from high school, university and made some new friends along the way.

Shared a bunch of laughs and only got sprinkled on by a little bit of rain.  It was another hot day, and I'm convinced the only reason we didn't get rained on is because most of us brought rain boots and coats.

He headed over to the festival and enjoyed Manchester Orchestra, (I bobbed awkwardly) at Run the Jewels, Modest Mouse, unfortunately Passion Pit cancelled due to illness and Broken Social Scene took their place.  That night we went to Kendrick Lamar (again, I bobbed around a little less awkwardly).

It started to cool off so we went back to the tent to throw some warmer clothes on and headed out to ODESZA.  

Day 3: Last day of the festival, we packed up most of our stuff (except the shade tent) because it was another blazing hot day.  Headed over to the festival early to see Sloan, hung out in the shade and scored some free stuff from Somersby and Molson Canadian.  Ate some delicious fish tacos and some ice cream.  Caught the outstanding Sheepdogs, July Talk and Cold War Kids.

Took a corn on the cob break and snuggled up close for Vance Joy as the sun set.  We skipped out on Sam Smith and listened to him while we drove out of the festival, since we all had to get up early for work Monday.  Luckily it wasn't a far drive home, we showered and we snuggled into our own beds and I slept like a baby.

Did anyone else go to the festival?
Let me know in the comments below!

post signature
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment